Job opening: Donations Manager
This staff person is responsible for managing the inflow of donated building materials to the nonprofit Reuse Center at Boston Building Resources.
Hours: Part-time or full-time options depending upon qualifications, five days per week, hours negotiable.
- Model and communicate BBR’s organizational values: trustworthy, valuing the environment, valuing education, sharing knowledge, practical, inclusive, optimistic.
- Manage day-to-day bustle of incoming donations of building materials.
- Field phone, email, and in-store inquiries. Check phone and email messages several times per day and respond promptly.
- Evaluate materials for suitability and communicate with the donor regarding clarifying questions, acceptance, schedule, and protocol/pick-up guidelines.
- Work closely with sales staff to determine high- and low-demand materials.
- Work closely with receiving/processing staff to improve efficiencies and manage storage of materials.
- Manage donation pick-up schedule for truck and van.
- Manage two-person truck staff.
- Occasionally pick-up materials yourself or with assistance from other staff.
- Arrange for transportation from outside vendors when needed.
- Coordinate tear-outs (soft deconstruction) when appropriate.
- Record donation details in CRM (customer relationship management) and OneNote databases.
- Ensure the collection of pick-up fees.
- Coordinate participation in community “Zero Waste” days.
- Reach out to potential donors of desirable materials.
- Promote the idea of donation to contractors and contractor associations, including BRAGB and EM-NARI.
- Responsible for maintenance of truck and van: inspections, tune-ups, repairs, etc.
- Includes occasional evenings and weekends, such as industry networking events or supervising volunteer groups.
- Work with communications staff to thank/recognize donors.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, especially written communication
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Resourceful, creative problem solver
- Familiar with all kinds of building materials and their use/reuse
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly; 75 pounds occasionally
- Willing to “get your hands dirty”
- Clean driving record
- Able to operate a forklift
- Carpentry, handyman, or building maintenance skills
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Salary: commensurate with experience.
If interested, please email a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.