Full Time – 40 hours per week
Join the BBR staff as one of a team of two people who operate our truck each weekday, collecting materials that have been donated to our nonprofit Reuse Center. The successful candidate will represent BBR on the roadways of Massachusetts and at the sites where materials are donated. Therefore, the Truck Staff must always be polite and be able to speak clearly about the company and its mission, explaining the program to donors and their representatives, especially contractors, at the pick-up sites. The driver will adhere to posted speed limits at all times and practice great patience with other drivers on the road.
Responsibilities – On the Road
- Maintain daily communications with the Donations Manager to discuss issues related to quality of materials, pick-up site preparedness, route, directions, etc.
- Make recommendations to help BBR streamline operations and become more efficient.
- Use Microsoft Office 365 OneNote app to communicate daily expectations regarding scheduled pick-ups and on-site tasks/projects.
- Make final decisions about whether or not BBR will accept the materials being offered once the potential donation has been inspected for quality and suitability for our program.
- If the staff determines that the donation is not something we want, explain your reasoning to the donor in person or in writing. Consult with the Donations Manager or Program Manager on any donation refusal.
- Load the truck/van safely and securely and unload materials safely upon returning to the warehouse, placing materials in the receiving area or annex.
- Assist with maintenance of Mitsubishi truck and Sprinter van.
Responsibilities – In the Store
- When the truck and/or van are not on the road, perform duties as assigned to facilitate the efficient operations of the Reuse Center. This work typically includes receiving and processing donated materials as well as sales.
- Work may also include routine daily tasks such as cleaning the property, organizing displays, waste disposal, and snow shoveling.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, annual meeting, and other staff gatherings.
- Excellent driving skills
- Demonstrated history of reliability
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to stay calm and focused when confronted with aggressive drivers and donors who can’t understand why we won’t accept their donation
- Construction and building materials knowledge a plus
- Retail experience a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to lift at least 50 to 100 pounds from varying positions on a regular basis
- Ability to sit in a vehicle for long periods
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Hours are from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm; Monday – Friday
- Contribute to the Reuse Center's friendly work environment.
To apply, please email your resume. No phone calls, please.