Boston Building Resources offers hands-on home improvement classes throughout the year. Topics include kitchen design, finish carpentry, window rehab, sheetrocking and taping, tiling, home electrical safety, power tools, and much more. Workshop instructors are trade professionals who volunteer their time. We also welcome suggestions for workshops that you would like to see offered.
Standard members may attend most classes for $45-$65, and Plus members for $30-$50. The general public may attend for $70-$90.
Members can also receive one-on-one technical assistance from Boston Building Resources through in-home, in-store, or phone consultation. Technical assistance can provide:
- Weatherization and insulation advice
- Help with measuring, especially for windows and doors
- Help with rehabbing older double-hung windows
- Help with preparations for kitchen or bath remodeling, including measuring and layout/design
- Advice on prioritizing projects—what needs to come first, what can wait, and what might not need to be done at all
Technical assistance is $75 per hour for members with a one-hour minimum.