Part-Time Receiver for the Reuse Center at BBR
This is a part-time position (19 hours per week). The Receiver’s primary responsibility is the day-to-day processing of building materials that have been donated. As materials arrive, either by company truck or by drop-offs, the Receiver will assess materials for suitability, help unload vehicles, enter donation(s) into CRM (Customer Relations Management software program), determine condition, set price of materials, generate description/pricing labels, and move processed materials onto the sales floor.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an excellent knowledge of residential building materials (field experience preferred) and their current retail value, very good computer skills, a driver’s license with a clean record, experience driving a forklift, carpentry skills, and a comfort level working with volunteers in a unique and exciting retail environment.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Help unload BBR truck daily.
Assess suitability of items dropped off for donation.
Unload dropped-off donations, if approved.
Process donated materials, including:
- Accept and input donations into CRM database
- Assess/assign condition of donation
- Assign price to items via CRM
- Print price label and attach to item
- Move materials from receiving area to retail/showroom floor
Assist sales staff with organizing retail space and constructing/installing displays, as needed.
To be considered a viable candidate, individuals must:
- Have excellent knowledge of current retail pricing of residential building materials.
- Have experience and knowledge about the use of building materials and tools in residential applications.
- Have an ability and desire to understand customers’ needs and help suggest solutions via materials available at BBR.
- Possess very good computer skills, QuickBooks Point of Sale experience a plus.
- Be motivated by BBR’s social business model.
- Be able to lift and 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Have a valid driver’s license; forklift skills a plus.
- Be able to demonstrate (work) history of reliability.
Thursday 1:00-7:00 p.m.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Paid sick time (one hour accrued for every 30 hours worked).
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and three references to BBR's donations department by email, fax (617-427-2491) or regular mail (Boston Building Resources, 100 Terrace Street, Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120).
BBR is an equal opportunity employer.