Boston Building Resources customers, donors, and supporters are invited to show off their new kitchens, boast about their best bargains, document their donations, and more as part of a spring social media campaign, #BBRproud.
The campaign will run for six weeks, from May 8 through June 16, celebrating the pride of taking care of one’s home, reducing climate impact, and giving back to the community.
To enter, contestants should take a photo and post it to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using the hashtag #BBRproud and tagging or adding Boston Building Resources. The photos should include the contestant’s face and something from BBR: materials purchased, a visit to the store, or a company vehicle or display. For example:
- A customer with the kitchen cabinets, door, window, or other materials installed in their home
- A volunteer in the Reuse Center helping to prepare donated materials for sale
- Using a rain barrel to water the garden
- Opening a newly rehabbed window
- Tossing kitchen scraps into the composter
- Bringing materials out to the BBR truck for donation at Arlington Community Collection Day or Medfield Green Day
- Visiting the BBR table at a community event, such as the Boston Home Center Housing Expo on May 20 or the Roslindale Village Farmers Market on June 3
Prizes will include a $50 gift certificate (one winner), $25 gift certificates (three winners), and multi-packs of energy-saving LED bulbs (10 winners). For each social media post, the participant’s name will be entered into the drawing. Multiple entries per person are encouraged.
Those who enter by June 2 could have their photo included in a video to be shown at the Boston Building Resources annual meeting on Tuesday, June 6.
Are you #BBRproud? Shout it loud!